Sunday, January 20, 2008

Welcome Melissa!

I wanted to welcome my sister-in-law Melissa to the blogging world! She got a little pressure from the rest of us, and I am so excited she decided join us. Check out her blog and leave a comment...I know she would enjoy it!

I also have lots to update (our trip to my inlaws and Matt's birthday) but I will post those soon with pictures. As for right now, I needed to get that stinking cat's picture moved down. I was really sad about Him about a month ago (boo hoo hoo) and everyone told me that cats run off and he may be back. My thought to that was "not my buttercup...he's a really good cat and loves us and wouldn't just run off". After 3 weeks of looking for him, I had really given up hope that we would find him. Last Thursday I got an email from the PAWS that there was a cat matching his description. So, as we are packed and driving out of town, I make Matt stop just so we know it's not him. Sure enough it was! They too thought he was a female (had it list on his kennel)...poor boy. We drive back home and get him all set up in our garage and make plans for family to come check on him and feed him while we are gone. I couldn't believe that my efforts paid off and we actually found him. Well so much for all that effort...we were home one day and he ran off again. At least I tried!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Cracking up about that cat! By the way...your profile says you are from Afghanistan???

sjc said...

Heather, Mike showed me this posting :) Hey I would recommend "chipping" Marlin at the Vet. They implant a small microchip in his shoulder blade area. This chip allows any vet, shelter, etc to find out who the owner is with a sweep of a wand! Both Max and Molly have one. It costs 20 - 40 dollars...