Saturday, July 12, 2008

Blackberry Pickin'

According to my husband, I am a city girl. I like a nice, clean hotel when we go on vacation (rather than a camping trip), I don't make biscuits and gravy and I've never been blackberry picking before (or any berry for that matter). Over the years I've come to appreciate the wonderful experiences he has introduced me to and our girls are always thrilled when daddy has planned an adventure. This week it was blackberry picking. When he mention what we were going to do, I envisioned the manicured strawberry patches that you hear about...that was not the case. There were thorns, lots of brush to climb through and the insects of summer. We had a great time though!!! We will be doing it again...except next time with long sleeves.





7 comments:

Live from the Quick House said...

Looks fun, I used to pick blackberries with my grandma. So fun. I am proud of Matt for introducing you city girls to alittle country livin. Now, if you are a real woman you will make him a blackberry cobbler and some jam.

Terra

Heather said...

Made the cobbler this weekend and we all loved it!!!

Rachel Wheat said...

What a sweet family you have! Looks like a lot of fun. Kudos to the hubby for coming up with family adventures! :)

Kim said...

I love blackberries, but not picking them! I remember when I was little for every blackberry I picked I got 2 chigger bites!!

Rachel Wheat said...

Check my blog for a surprise!

Kim Hancock said...

This brings back some memories! We always did stuff like this when I was growing up.

Ruth Ann Craven said...

Love the pics! Also, thanks for the nomination. :)