Thursday, October 30, 2008

Jesse Tree

As I have been organizing my thoughts and schedule for the holidays, I have come across some really great ideas but the best one I've found came up today on one of the blogs I read daily. Simple Mom had a post about a Jesse Tree (which was new to me...I'm sure everyone else has heard of it). Every evening for about four weeks until Christmas, the family reads through a simple devotional, talks about the lesson, and hangs the appropriate ornament on the Jesse Tree.

It sounded like something that Rylee would really enjoy and might even peak Reagan's interest, and I'm always up for something that will help my kids understand the true meaning of Christmas!

Others Resources for the Jesse Tree:

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Great Idea Heather! Rylee will love this as well as Matt, I'm sure... Do you have to go buy ornaments or will you just be creative with the ones you have?

Rachel Wheat said...

I've never heard of that, but it sounds great! Very cool idea!