Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Invisible

My mom sent me this today. Amazing timing I tell ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YU0aNAHXP0

I had one of those moments this weekend...I was tired of laundry, tired of cooking, tired of cleaning the house 3 times a day and tired of whining girls (who's attitudes just reflect that of their mom). Being a mom is the most challenging job I've ever had. It's challenging because it's not about me and I don't get the recognition that I so enjoy. The one thing I know, though, is that it is the greatest opportunity I've ever been given. So, for the rest of today :-), I will remind myself with every dirty sock I pick up and spill that I clean up that I am blessed to be able do it for the 3 most important people in my life.

3 comments:

Rachel Wheat said...

I so needed to read that post today! I'm having one of those days myself, so thanks for the word of encouragement. By the way, you have been tagged! Check out my blog for details!

Bethany said...

God chooses those who he knows can handle it! Even though you are consumed with the most wonderful job ever, always remember what an amazing person you are. And with all of those skills you have or feel you once had you still use them daily just in a different way. That is pretty amazing! You are looked up to by many people and I must claim I am your biggest fan! I love you, sis :)

Kim said...

Hey - I'm glad you left a comment!! And boy do I feel like that alot!!

BTW - Can't wait to start the bible study next Monday!!!